Debt Recovery Officer-
Pay rate £19.11
Long term contract
9 to 5
My client are currently recruiting for a role working as a debt recovery officer based in oxford. The ideal candidate is responsible for proactively and efficiently undertaking the collection of arrears owed for means-tested care services monitoring high-risk debtors and taking prompt action in line with agreed procedures to reduce the Council’s bad debt position working closely with the legal department to ensure successful resolutions to Council legal actions.
- Review ASC debts outstanding and client case files, use relevant and available information to determine what appropriate action needs to be taken, whilst ensuring team procedures and timescales are met and accurate records of actions are maintained
- Liaise and negotiate with ASC clients, their relatives or representatives to ensure payment of arrears, both in writing and by telephone as appropriate
- As required work in conjunction with other Council departments to expedite the collection of ASC income and resolve ongoing payments difficulties, including attending safeguarding strategy meetings as directed.
- Experience of working in a credit control or benefit environment
- Proven ability to motivate colleagues to meet deadlines and targets
- Experience of front line customer service including call handling and face to face meetings
- Experience of using Microsoft applications to a competent level
- Proven ability to work effectively to deadlines and adapt to urgent re-prioritising of workload.
- Able to work flexibly to meet high workload demands as required
- Satisfactory DBS disclosure will be required.
If you need any further information please call Courtleigh back on 0117 917 4560.