Our client is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join their exciting team based in Bristol.
The role fits within the in-house software tools team. The tools team is responsible for the complete software tool chain used by our client’s applications teams and external customers. The tool chain is extensive, and includes the assembler, compiler, debugger and simulation environment.
As well as improving the and maintaining the current tool chain, the role involves adding support for the latest bleeding-edge silicon design. This might mean adding support for the rapid deployment of AI inference engines using vector processing acceleration hardware or writing libraries to allow the use of virtual memory on an embedded device.
To perform this role, you’ll need to be self-directed, proactive and able to work independently; you’ll enjoy solving day-to-day problems with limited direction. As well as with the tools team, you’ll be regularly interacting with the silicon design team and the internal application development teams.
Our client is looking for a senior software developer with 5-10 years of relevant experience to join the in-house software tools team. You will be an experienced hands-on engineer, and able and willing to influence the architecture and technology roadmap of all our tools.
Your experience will include:
- Very strong Assembly/C/C++/Python coding skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Ability to quickly assimilate complex systems and solve specific bugs within them;
- Complete confidence in using Linux as a development environment;
- Use of real-time and multi-core processor architectures;
- Programming in highly resource-constrained environments such as embedded systems;
- Effective use of SCM systems such as Git/SVN/Perforce;
- Good software development practices e.g. code review, test driven development;
- A BSc or above in Computer Science or a related discipline.
Your experience might also include:
- Software tools development
- Compiler development and an understanding of compiler fundamentals;
- The development and deployment of AI inference engines
For more information, please contact David Trogu on 01179 174 560