Silicon Validation & Characterization Engineer
This role reports to the Director of Hardware Design, based in our Bristol office. You’ll need to be self-directed, proactive and able to work independently. You’ll enjoy solving day-to-day problems with limited direction and be able to make careful judgements about what level of proof is required to validate our client’s next generation devices, from bring-up to detailed characterization.
Pre-tape-out preparation and planning:
- Create Validation & Characterization plan
- Develop and procure bring-up board(s) - providing requirements & specification, working with PCB engineers to design, manufacture and test boards in readiness for bring-up
- Work with Silicon team verification engineers to review and improve test patterns (for Scan and BIST) in preparation to hand-over to our Test Engineers (for conversion to ATE), and ensuring patterns can be executed locally on the bring up board(s)
- Work with the Software, Tools and Silicon teams to specify test applications to be run on the device for the purposes of functional testing and characterization
- Specify lab equipment requirements, and preparation of scripts and automation for device bench characterization
Post-tape-out validation & characterization:
- xCore processor bring-up, executing functional test and parametric characterization
- Working closely with the Silicon team during debug
- Validate xCore system power performance including power state transition, system power up sequence, etc.
- Validate xCore interfaces in system to qualify interface signal quality
- Extend test coverage (via firmware IO tuning and configuration) of LPDDR, USB, MIPI, DPHY, I2C, SPI, I2S, GPIO, etc.
- Data collection and report generation
- Work with external suppliers to ensure chip certification is achieved, for example HTOL testing
- Perform ATE to Bench correlation exercise to qualify ATE test programs release
- Drive root-cause analysis efforts on device failure through lab experiments and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Supporting the Test Engineers to improve ATE coverage and resolve test escapes
- Support Product Engineers during device and package qualification (at CMs)
Please contact David Trogu on 01179 174 560