Our new Assistant Accountant will join our Finance and Procurement team and help them deliver effective and efficient finance support to the West of England Combined Authority.
The role sits within a small and relatively new team and the post holder will play a key role, helping to provide financial advice, information, reports and analysis and maintain systems and processes.
You will resolve queries from internal and external audits and provide financial information to the Head of Finance and Procurement and to Management Accountants. The role also involves completing statistical and statutory returns, working on grant claims and providing information for the Authority’s Committee reports.
- Qualified accountant or part-qualified accountant actively studying at the final level (CCAB/CIMA).
- Experience of providing financial support in a dynamic and complex organisation.
- Previous experience of preparing budgets and budget monitoring.
- Practical experience in the preparation of final accounts.
- Experience of providing regular financial management information/advice to tight deadlines.
- Specific experience and understanding of financial and management reporting.
- Experience of performing complex reconciliations.
- This is a temp to perm position. We are looking of a 14 week placement initially but for the right candidate we would consider offering a permanent position.
Please apply as soon as possible or call Olivia on 0117 917 4560