A new opportunity has become available to undertake the effective, economic administration, determination and payment of claims for Housing and Council Tax Benefit and any successor benefits in accordance with legislation, relevant guidance, local policies, procedures and strategies.
- To assess all types of benefit claims administered by the authority using the appropriate computer systems.
- Ensure that the correct evidence and information is obtained in accordance with locally determined standards.
- The assessment of benefit claims to include new claims, interventions and changes in circumstances in accordance with legislation and council policy and dealt with by post, on the telephone or the customer in person at any offices of the authority as directed.
- Clerical/Administrative experience of working in a busy benefits environment
- Clerical/Administrative experience of working in a busy office environment
- Experience of dealing with the public face to face and on the telephone
- Knowledge of Housing and Council Tax Benefit legislation.
- Temporary contract
- £16.98 per hour
Please apply as soon as possible or call Olivia on 0117 917 4560