As a Financial Accountant you will contribute continuously to the strategic development by defining and implementing effective accounting policies, financial systems, controls, processes and reports.
About the role:
- Contribute financial expertise to the development of strategic financial systems which will operate within a network of integrated corporate systems and deliver reliable financial information for budget management and decision-making purposes.
- Organise and manage assigned areas to support the preparation and publication of the Annual Report and Accounts and the quarterly reports for consolidation in the DfT group; engage with non-financial stakeholders and support the efficient completion of the external audit.
- Define, implement and monitor the financial policies, operational procedures and performance measures necessary to maintain the integrity of financial data and make high-quality financial information available to key stakeholders.
- Build effective working relationships across the organisation to provide a trusted financial advisory service, interpreting financial issues and information for decision makers and securing non-financial information to meet reporting needs.
- Provide expert technical advice to senior financial management based on excellent knowledge of technical accounting standards and on benchmarking the approach of other organisations and implement appropriate changes.
- Share professional expertise with financial colleagues and non-financial managers to enable them to become effective financial managers.
- Support business teams in procuring the financial information they need and produce tailored financial reports to meet their business needs.
- Must be a qualified financial accountant, with a recognised body.
- Understand International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) and technical accounting matters, with knowledge of how to interpret, apply and communicate complex financial issues to both financial and non-financial colleagues.
- Have experience working within a Finance function.
- IT skills with recent and up-to-date experience of ERP systems, ability to use Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint to an advanced level.
- Ability to produce and present documents and reports to a variety of audiences and ability to explain financial matters to non-financial audiences.
- Location: Birmingham
- Salary: £36300- £45375
- Duration: Permanent
Please apply as soon as possible or call Olivia Jarrett on 0117 917 4560