Pay rate up to £48,000
My client are recruiting for an environmental solicitor for a role based in Oxford. Role duties will include to undertake in a range of legal work in connection with the work of the team and to provide general legal advice to all client departments of Oxfordshire County Council. To assist Legal Services in maintaining the provision of an effective and efficient Legal Service to the County Council. To assist County Legal Services in maintaining the provision of an effective and efficient legal service to the County Council in compliance with the LEXCEL Office Procedures Manual formulated in accordance with the Law Society’s Practice Management Standards.
To undertake a range of legal work in the above areas as part of the Environmental Legal team, including:
- Drafting planning obligations (S106 agreements)
- Planning advice
- Drafting more complex highways agreements and advice
- Extensive highways Advice
- Advice on transport and traffic matters and drafting of complex traffic orders
- Rights of Way matters)
- Bespoke agreements related to above
2. Represent Legal Services at appropriate committees and meetings in the above areas.
3. To handle a personal caseload of legal work to a high standard of professional practice
- Qualified Solicitor/Barrister
- Current law society practising
- Experience of legal practice
- Provision of quality advice and knowledge
- Clear knowledge of Law Society Professional requirements.
If you are interested in the role please give Courtleigh a call on 01117 917 4560