Housing Options Support Officer
A new opportunity has become available to provide and maintain a high quality and reliable service to customers seeking access to housing options services and other services. To administer Council systems and provide administrative and clerical support to other staff within the authority, and to carry out specialist housing functions as required.
- Experience of using computer systems.
- Experience of dealing with customers in a front line social housing or similar local authority environment.
- Experience of working in a local authority allocations or homelessness team would be advantageous.
- Practical, working knowledge of housing advice, homelessness or allocations.
- To provide ‘first point of contact’ for the Housing Options team - receive, record, administer and process enquiries from members of the public and others in connection with the Housing Options service. To provide support to the Housing Options Team Leader, the Housing Options & Strategy Manager, and the team as required.
- To maintain accurate records relating to customer enquiries, to organise work patterns to respond to customer needs, and to work with others to assist the customer.
- To communicate with customers and ensure that all accurate and relevant information is elicited from and received by customers and others making enquiries of the councils service. To ensure methods of communication are adapted to customers’ needs and to undertake such duties as the Head of Housing and Housing Options and Strategy Manager may require.
- £13.48 per hour
- Hailsham, East Sussex
- Temporary contract
Please apply as soon as possible or call Olivia on 0117 917 4560