A large private House Builder are looking to recruit a Senior Estimator work from their new office in Tamworth
Main Purpose of the role
To assist in providing an estimating and tendering service to meet the Company Budget. To understand, implement and adhere to the company SHEQ policy/strategy
Main Duties / Accountability
• Monitor potential enquiries
• Build relationships with Sub-Contractors Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Competitors
• Maintain up-to-date market knowledge of labour, plant, materials and sub-contractors
• Manage, as directed, enquiries for labour, plant, materials and sub-contractors
• Complete tender pricing for adjudication by the tender committee, including reporting on any risks or onerous conditions, providing a winning edge
• Lease with sub-Contractors on specific pricing requirements that may be required
• Liaise with planner to assess programme & preliminaries
• Formulate bid strategy/qualifications
• Assist in the training of junior staff
• Present estimate to Commercial Manager
• On secured projects prepare information for handover to the contract team
• Take a lead in developing Company estimating library & bible cost updates
• Check tender documentation
• Measure tender against Decision Analysis
• Inform Tender Committee on Contract Conditions
• Any other reasonable management request.
We are looking for an experienced Estimator,Estimator or Quantity Surveyor with experience in the construction or housing sector.
The role requires previous experience in a house builder,social housing contractor or construction contractor.
A privately owned house builder who are a top 10 UK homes builder and are 7th in terms of the number of homes it builds across the country each year.
They are the UK’s largest and only dedicated partnership homebuilder, working with Homes England, local authorities and registered providers to deliver much needed
high-quality new homes across the country, with many of these relationships enduring for over 20 years.
They are the largest delivery partner of Homes England and have delivered over 12,000 homes in partnership with them as a member of consecutive Delivery Partner Panels
since 2009. They employ over 1,100 people and delivered 4,044 homes in the financial year to March 2019. This will increase to 5,500 over the next five years.
They have a strong land pipeline of over 30,000 secured plots. They are committed to its strategy of delivering homes of mixed tenure - for sale,
affordable rent and PRS and has invested significantly in modern methods of construction. They are proud to be the UK’s leading home builder for first time buyers.
70% of the homes they sell, on the open market, are to first time buyers. The remaining 30% are sold to housing associations and the PRS market for affordable and
market rent. The average selling price of a property is currently £156,000.
If you are interested in this role and feel you have the necessary skills and experiences please send your CV to the link provided
Share this post