Buyer - Engineering
Do you enjoy a fast-paced role with autonomy? Are you able to manage multiple tasks at the same time whilst maintaining strong levels of communication? We're looking for a Buyer who will be responsible for the procurement of materials to ensure the smooth running of production.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To place purchase orders in accordance with business requirement or on appropriate request.
- Work with all colleagues to communicate requirements to supplier.
- Obtain, maintain and complete all checks of supplier payment terms, delivery terms and contractual terms and condition.
- Rescheduling delivery dates with suppliers and actioning cancellations.
- Electronic archiving and administration
- Expediting material deliveries
- Obtaining Supplier Quotations
- Reconciling purchase order acknowledgements with details on all orders place.
- Updating all systems and ensuring that all administrative tasks are completed
What you will need:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced Microsoft Office experience. We need an Excel whizz!
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Previous experience in Procurement/Buying but not necessarily from an engineering background
- CIPS qualified or working towards it
This is a full-time role, Monday to Friday, 37hrs per week. Some flexibility will be required when working to deadlines and travel requirements.
So, if you have the right skills and experience for the role please apply now!