An exciting opportunity for a legal counsel has become available to provide employment law advice to all of the organizations business divisions on a fixed term basis, with the potential for a permanent role. The role requires capability to work with all levels of the business, to provide timely and commercial legal advice and to deal with a varied and material workload.
- Provision of internal employment law services to the HR team, advising on contentious, non-contentious advisory and transactional issues.
- Responsibility for contentious employment issues with full involvement in matters and the opportunity to work closely with the business in managing and resolving cases.
- Providing specialist employment law advice on a range of matters including contractual matters, redundancy and restructuring, disciplinary and grievance, discrimination and equal opportunities, employment policies as well as advising on specific transactional activity and TUPE within a unionised business.
- At least 4 years PQE contentious and non-contentious employment law experience gained with a respected firm in this area or in-house. Experience of dealing with trade unions would be an advantage.
- Ability to approach the role as a business partner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Open to change and comfortable in an evolving environment with ability and willingness to contribute to the change process.
- Comfortable with stakeholder management but also able to work with colleagues at all levels of the business.
- Good experience of employment law advisory work on the non-contentious side.
- Good experience in advising on and managing employment tribunal litigation.
- Strong experience of dealing with TUPE issues.
- Some in-house experience would be advantageous but is not necessary.
- £48,000 - £60,000
- 6 month contract
Please apply as soon as possible or call Olivia Jarrett on 0117 917 4560