Pay rate. £28.80
In scope of IR35
It is essential that candidates have CIMA or CCAB or any other senior accounting.
My Client are currently recruiting for a role working as a Treasury manager. The ideal candidate must have experience in a role like this accounting manager or finance manager. This post holder is a member of the Treasury Management Strategy Board providing technical advice to Senior Officers and Councillors, recommending short and long-term treasury management strategies, managing the performance and operational delivery of the approved strategy.
Managing a small Treasury Management team with responsibility for keeping them task focussed and motivated, whilst responding to changes in guidelines for the operation of a Treasury Management function and implementing frequent new information requirements and policies .
- Manage the daily dealing function including the Lloydslink foreign payment and urgent CHAPS payment system.
- Liaise with Treasury Management Counterparties, Service Providers and Advisors and provide information required to effectively trade in accordance with Market practices and directives. Ensure all information is provided to satisfy the requirements of MIFID where required.
- To identify and recommend changes to strategy, systems and procedures to achieve high performance and compliance commensurate with the council’s investment risk appetite.
- To be responsible for producing the Treasury Management final accounts working papers and statement of accounts disclosures. To manage the regular monitoring and reconciliation of the Treasury Management Balance Sheet and Revenue budget.
- High levels of literacy and numeracy with a proven ability to write financial reports for non-financial specialists and perform complex calculations accurately and at speed.
- Experience of using a range of financial instruments
- Knowledge and understanding of the governance framework under which the Council operates, i.e. constitution, financial regulations, legislation and funding.
- Knowledge and understanding of the CIPFA Prudential Borrowing Code and the CIPFA Treasury Management Code of Practice.
- Ability to learn and understand new information quickly.
If this role is an interest to you please call Courtleigh on 0117 917 4560