SC Cleared Benefits Manager
IR35: In Scope
£500 - £590 per day (umbrella rate)
As Benefits Manager you will contribute to ensuring benefits are aligned to the departments strategic outcomes; Contribute to ensuring that the benefits map illustrates the relationship between outcomes and outputs so that realisation between the benefits can be mapped and tracked; Ensure that benefits are sufficiently defined and appropriate means of measurement are in place in order that benefits can be tracked across the lifetime of the programme; Tracking benefits across the lifetime of the programme utilising appropriate tools and techniques; Supporting development and maturing of the Benefits Realisation Strategy and Plan; Planning and execution of benefits realisation
Other duties will include but are not limited to:
- Creation and maintenance of the PfMO Risk/Opportunities Register in accordance with the agreed Project Delivery Framework and guidance; planning and implementing responses to the risks, and responding to issues that affect the DBS Change portfolio.
- Establish the consolidated Portfolio-level benefits realisation plan, to build an understanding of the benefits to be realised from the constituent projects and programmes. And ensure that projects/programmes comply with it.
- To work with the Portfolio Manager and DBS Risk Manager to develop the risk and benefits management functionality within the Portfolio toolset, Project Online.
- Use understanding of project/programme finances and approvals processes to develop and maintain the Portfolio-level benefits forecast/tracker and ensure that double-accounting is minimised.
- Provide support to training/awareness-building regarding application of the Portfolio Benefits Management Framework.
- Provide support to post-implementation reviews, ensuring that:
o Lessons learnt are fed back into the benefits management process
o Benefits realised compared to forecast are used to inform future initiatives
o Estimating accuracy is improved.
- Escalate risks, issues and benefits-related issues via the Portfolio Manager
- DBS Benefits and Risk Management Frameworks and processes
- Benefits Reports, as part of Portfolio dashboard, and input to the Annual Assurance Report
- Benefits Map
- Risk/Opportunities Register
- You must have current SC clearance
You must have a proven working background within this role or similar and you must hold a current SC Clearance.
You must have experience working within the MOD carrying out the above duties.
Please ensure your level of Clearance is clear on CV application – this is a must to be considered.
Close date is 9th July