£30,000 - £35,000 + car or car allowance
Contact Helen Phillips
We are currently looking for an Arboriculture specialist with Forestry experience to start a permanent positon covering sites in the South East. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with Arboricultural experience to join a leading company working on their prestigious contract!
As the Arboricultural Officer you will report in to Arboriculture & Forestry Manager you will maintain agreed levels of Forestry management plans, in collaboration with the Business and the Supply Chain members, and oversee delivery of all Forestry works within the assigned contract areas.
You will maintain the quality and level of service delivery, ensuring that the forestry portfolio is appropriately enhanced and that Amey fulfil all contractual obligations across the MoD Estate.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Implement and manage all processes associated with Forestry Management to ensure contract compliance
• Provide technical support on Arboricultural maintenance, safety and management to all stakeholders in connection with the maintenance of the Estate, and ensure the safe delivery of tree works in consultation with the SHEF Specialist
• Produce and maintain all forestry management plans, ensure reports are completed in a timely manner
• Prepare specifications and reports on new or existing works as required
• Implement and manage improvement and/or restoration works for designated sites in consultation with Project Manager
Ensure that all works to be undertaken are in compliance with Health, Safety, Sustainability, Quality and Environmental Guidelines and Regulations, Codes of Practice and other statutory requirements prior to the release of any work programme to the Supply Chain
• Liaise with the relevant Sustainability Specialist to ensure that the environmental impact of forestry works are considered fully
• Monitor the disposal of waste and ensure that all documentation is available, where necessary
• Manage the Supply Chain partners to deliver compliant service delivery in a timely manner
• Provide reports and/or data, as necessary, to support contract performance and compliance
• Support the Arboricultural team by completing and submitting trees surveys and inspections as and when required
• All other duties as reasonably required
You must have:
• You must have minimum 5 years experience in Arboriculture.
• You must hold a recognised Forestry qualification and recognised arboriculture surveying qualification
• Competent IT user in Microsoft Office
• Ability to work alone
• Full Driving License - The duties of this post require the applicant to have a full current driving licence that enables them to drive throughout the UK
• Willing to undertake extensive travel and stay away from home.
• Professional approach to inspections and surveys and the production of
• forestry management plans.
• Good understanding of the key trades and accepted standards of workmanship
• Good working knowledge of Health and Safety and environmental guidelines
• and legislation
• Knowledge and experience of working within strict ISO 9001/14001/18001 policies and procedures
• Ability to develop constructive or productive working relationships