Pay rate- £22.93
Long term contract
Monday – Friday (8.30 -16.30)
My client are looking for senior Valuer for a role based in Yate. It is essential that any candidate that wishes to be put forward for this role has a Degree in Estate management or equivalent or Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors is essential. If you do not have this in your CV your application will not be considered. The candidate will be involved in all aspects of the valuation and estates work of the business including acquisitions, disposals, management, rating and compensation matters. To lead a portfolio of Property projects as a specialist, delivering technical, enforcement and regulation services within the business plan and specific project objectives. You will offer effective advice and a cost effective professional valuation and property management service to the council, whilst adhering to the council’s policies and legislation and duty to demonstrate best value on all property transactions.
- Preparation of plans and budgets for services, taking account of external developments and priorities, ensuring work is completed to set time scales.
- Develop innovative solutions to technical issues ensuring that appropriate solutions are proposed and successfully implemented.
- Consult on issues with wider implications whilst adhering to service regulations and codes of practice.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures in own specialist areas ensuring they are up to date, relevant and useful.
- Interpret the latest legislation, regulations and codes of practice and ensure they are applied consistently.
- Organise and control the work and budget of teams in specialist areas, to achieve Council targets and standards and to co-ordinate the contribution of expertise.
- Preparation and presentation of reports ensuring that they are completed on time and meet Council guidelines, ensuring a clear summary of issues and implications is produced.
- Ensure compliance with Council policies, regulations and codes of practice.
- You will give technical advice and support the team to ensure technical work is carried out satisfactorily.
Experience & Knowledge
- Experience working in a commercial organisation or local authority
- Demonstrate proven experience of mentoring junior team members and point of advice and guidance as subject matter expert.
- The post holder must possess good communication and organisational skills and be able to meet commercial and contractual deadlines.
- Financial experience or training sufficient to manage budgets
Please make sure you have read the JD before applying and if you have any questions please call Courtleigh on 0117 917 4560.