Pay rate: £20.43
Long term contract
Mon-Fri (37 hours a week)
My client are looking for Valuer for a role based in Yate. It is essential that any candidate that wishes to be put forward for this role has a Degree in Estate management or equivalent or Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors is essential. In the role you will need to provide specialist advice to customers, internal departments and partner organisations on interpreting and applying policies and technical principles, assessing risks and benefits and that policy proposals are developed.
- Negotiating terms and charges with statutory authorities and other bodies for easements, wayleaves, licences and rights of way affecting land in the ownership of the council.
- Marketing/negotiation for the sale or lease of council property.
- Providing valuation reports as required eg for property transactions, feasibility studies/land estimates and asset valuation purposes.
- Management of the council’s property records
- Ensure and enforce compliance with department and Council policies, regulations and codes of practice.
- Prepare and present reports as required on a range of technical issues ensuring that they meet Council guidelines, are completed on time and the Council’s position is advocated.
- If relevant: assist in the supervision and development of a team. Co-ordinate, allocate and check the work of teams, ensuring that performance objectives are achieved and team work is effective
- Develop solutions and put forward recommendations to resolve to issues, ensure that they are successfully implemented and that service regulations and codes of practice are adhered to.
- Input into service plans procedures and systems of work and propose changes to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the service.
- If relevant: plan and monitor spending from technical budgets
Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant practical experience, backed by evidence of appropriate specialist knowledge of the specialist area.
- You will have experience of planning work activities within general professional guidelines
- Good persuasion and influencing skills, able to negotiate effectively with a range of people.
- Effective IT skills and working knowledge of word processing, databases and spread sheet packages. Ideally, experience of MapInfo (although training will be given if needed).
- Ability to work on own, prioritise work and deliver projects.
Please make sure you have read the JD before applying and if you have any questions please call Courtleigh on 0117 917 4560.