Assistant Quantity Surveyor
£26,000 - £28,000
Contact Helen Phillips
This is an excellent opportunity reporting to a Senior Quantity Surveyor or Commercial Manager on Education Projects. You will assist the commercial team to comply with all Commercial processes and procedures whilst ensuring a successful project outcome.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- To assist the QS with commercial administration and management on several live projects or projects at pre-construction phase
- Assist the Quantity Surveyors in working out the cost of building projects.
- Identify any unnecessary costs and inefficient activities and discuss these with the operational team.
- Contribute to the production of accurate and timely accounts for use in managing the business
- Assist with production of accurate and timely project financial forecast
- Develop an understanding of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes relating to all forms of contracts that may be applicable to a Facilities project
- Assist in the prompt preparation and settlement of final accounts, including any pricing of variations.
Assist the QS with subcontractor selection and ensure the chosen subcontractor has the appropriate order and information to carry out their work
- Develop an awareness of Supplier Management
- Develop an awareness of Procurement
- Assisting the QS over contractual issues and act as required
- All other duties as reasonably required
You will hold relevant academic qualifications within a related discipline (Quantity surveying, Construction etc.) and be interested in attaining professional status with RICS.
With some experience working within a Trainee or Assistant Quantity Surveyor where you have had involvement in preparing estimating, preparing quotations and managing costs. Experience working within a Facilities Management, Construction, Building Maintenance etc. or similar environment.
Experience using a CAFM System.
A full driving licence as travel to site may be required.