Pay rate 23.46
Long term contract
Mon – Friday (0900- 1700)
My client are currently recruiting for a role working as an engineer based in oxford. To assist with the progressing of proposals for road agreements from planning permission stage to completion.to assist the Senior Engineer in ensuring that layouts of new roads and changes to existing roads are designed and built to meet the Council’s standards and appropriate contemporary urban design standards by working with other Council officers, developers and local planning authorities.
- Provide highway technical advice and co-ordinate Road Agreements Team planning consultation responses for planning applications.
- Advise Technician and Team Co-ordinator on the Advanced Payment Codes (APC).
- Assist with team site inspections relating to construction works undertaken on the existing Highway and development sites.
- Liaise with internal Oxfordshire County Council teams to secure specialist approvals.
- Respond to correspondence received by the Road Agreements Team, giving excellent customer service.
- Independently calculate commuted sums, inspection fees and bonds for schemes, and support Technician Engineers carrying out this function.
Civil Engineering Level 4 Higher National Certificate or relevant civil engineering experience.
CSCS qualification and holding valid CSCS card
- Ability to interpret and produce technical audits and give sound advice without recourse to manager.
- Experience of large scale development management.
- Experience and understanding of highway maintenance techniques.
- Understanding of relevant legislation and policies in relation to highway adoption procedures.
- A working knowledge and experience of Highway construction design & specifications.
- Knowledge of highway construction materials, their properties and uses.
If this role is ideal for you please call Courtleigh on 0117 917 4560.