Communications and Marketing Assistant
A new opportunity has become available to build positive relationships with Elected Members, officers, partners, media organisations and the community to deliver professional internal and external communications and events, its corporate and civic activities, strategies, services and successes.
- Assist in providing advice, support and action on corporate communications, media and events in support of the Council’s service units, projects and activities.
- To assist in the development and use of digital technology for promotion and marketing.
- Be committed to the Council’s Vision and carry out work within the spirit and intention of its core values.
- An understanding and awareness of the concept of “Making Every Contact Count” (MECC), attending training where necessary.
- Contribute to the delivery and review of service standards, quality and performance targets in accordance with Corporate and Service Unit delivery and business plans.
- To contribute to the production of relevant corporate delivery plans and the annual Service Unit business plan.
- To ensure that due regard is given to all enquiries, requests and complaints from Elected Members and customers and ensure that any necessary action is taken efficiently.
- To work to ensure that the Service Unit seeks excellence in its service to its customers, both internal and external.
- Recent and relevant experience in one or more of the following: media relations, journalism, social media communications.
- Political awareness and understanding.
- Experience of managing projects and working within deadlines.
- Experience of working with the general public.
- £13.70 per hour
- Temporary contract
Please apply as soon as possible or call Olivia on 0117 917 4560