An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Site Engineer to work on a Flood Defence scheme project on the River Trent and River Dove for one of the UK’s leading Engineering Main Contractors.
Burton upon Trent FRMS - Project Description
The Outline Business Case for Phase 2 of the Burton-upon-Trent Flood Risk Management Scheme (FRMS) has identified that remedial work to the flood defences protecting Burton is required. The existing defences comprise approximately 9.6km of walls and embankments along the left (west) bank of the River Trent.
To report to the section engineer and support the construction of a reach on Burton flood defence scheme. The Engineer will manage the setting out, surveys, site records and quality requirements within the reach and will have a team reporting into them who assist in the day to day site engineering role. They will ensure that any design or construction issues are raised and reported to the section engineer and design co-ordinator. They will carry out reconciliations with the QS for their section and monitor waste and identify efficiencies where possible.
Key Qualifications & Experience
• IT literate to intermediate level (MS Office).
• Understanding of programmes (Gant Charts etc.) and IT packages (MS Project etc.)
• Ability to work to tight timescales, with good organisation skills and time management.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Good communication skills and ability to work with a team.
• Full driving licence.
• Experience in working on Flood Defence Scheme
• Experience in working with the Environment Agency
• Experience in design management and process
• Understanding of CDM and H&S legislation.
For more information please apply within.
Due to a high volume of applications we are not always able to reply to all applications. If you have not received an update from us within 2 weeks then please accept this as an unsuccessful application.