Job Title: Space Planner & CAFM Technical Assistant
Job ID: 765665
12 month FTC
Working on site at a large university, you will join a large facilities services team responsible for planned maintenance, cleaning, grounds and fabric maintenance, health and safety advisory and auditing services, portering, security, print and reprographics, transport, utilities management, and waste disposal and recycling.
Our client are looking for a Space Planner/CAFM Technical Assistant to work underneath the Space Manager to help deliver a variety of projects.
Your role will be to assist in planning and coordinating campus-wide use of space and physical resources, maintaining current floor plans and data on campus facilities.
This is a 12 MONTH Fixed Term Contract, commencing from the 1st of August.
• Creation of feasible space planning proposal drawings for departmental moves and business relocation planning.
• Carry out measured building surveys, including existing services, finishes, FFE (furniture, fitting & equipment).
• Workplace planner/designer aspect of the role to include up to date product knowledge and current trends including furniture specification, schemes and interior design.
• To assist in the management and administration of MiCAD CAFM software.
• To maintain and develop existing AutoCAD records
• Assist in the management and production of reports and analysis required for internal and external bodies and agencies for University benchmarking relating to space and other estates related data/information.
• Compile, check and reconcile information - To regularly review and update all information held in the MiCAD system database, ensuring that line management are fully briefed on any relevant issues.
• Degree (or equivalent) in appropriate design related subject
• Professional Qualification (desirable)
• A minimum of 3 years of undertaking a similar role and level of responsibility within a Higher Education or similar environment.
• Competent and demonstrable use and experience of CAFM, Document Management systems, AutoCAD, Revit, Photoshop etc. Microsoft Project, Word, Excel and Power Point
• Good familiarity with current office furniture standards and specifications and future trends and efficiencies
• Good knowledge and experience of capturing customer space requirements.
• Project management - experience of delivering moves and relocation programmes of works (minor) and managing teams to deliver them. (desirable)
• Familiarity with RIBA Plan of Work
On offer is a competitive salary of up to £35k plus other benefits. If you are interested please send your CV by applying online.
Share this post