Senior Application Developer
lead the development and implementation of mobile software solutions to help drive innovation and the delivery of a robust mobile capability within the business. Provide technical expertise and advice, understand technical capabilities, apply agile Scrum principles at each stage of the development life cycle and work closely with team members and partners to implement, build and deploy engineering solutions.
Degree qualification in Computer Science, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Typically, 4+ years of professional, full-time experience building mobile and/or responsive web applications.
- Strong understanding of the React.js frontend framework.
- Experience with mobile app development, especially the hybrid solutions PhoneGap/Cordova.
- Experience in developing and building back-end applications with RESTful API services.
- Experience with web service protocols like SOAP, REST, and JSON.
- Experience with NoSQL and relational databases, e.g. MongoDB, SQL Server, MySQL including database design and use of database tools such as Mongoose for MongoDB.
- Experience in cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, having the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of GUI layout aesthetics (high level UI/UX).
- Knowledge of build and deployment tools - Grunt, Webpack, NPM, Git, Jenkins.
- Understanding of Agile software engineering principles and methodologies (Scrum/LEAN).
- Ability to adapt and stay on top of expanding technologies and engineering trends.