Job Title- Electrical Engineer
Location- Kilmarnock, Ayrshire
• To ensure project & production requirements are achieved safely, to time, to budget, and meet quality requirements
• Provide electrical knowledge on all contract specifications
• Provide engineering support to production teams
• Prepare and issue Engineering structured procedures as defined by the Company and national rail standards
Principle Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Assist in implementing safety processes and procedures
• Ensure all tasks in the sphere of your control are completed in line with safety processes to reduce injuries i.e. Near Misses/2MW
• Adhere to Safe Systems of Work through Risk Assessment process/Safety Briefs/Toolbox Talks/COSHH
• Ensure all tasks are compliant with appropriate tooling & equipment safe working practices
• Adhere to and monitor safe working practices daily and assist in correcting any non-compliances including non-compliance with PPE across all functions
• Support Management team with Safety critical assessments
• Ensure all tasks are carried out with full recognition of quality and Safety Critical Elements.
• Participate in the deployment of Quality Systems through all Engineering functions
• Assist the Quality Department in ensuring via an audit program, Quality Systems are followed in the manufacture/delivery of products/services across the department
• Produce and issue documentation packs accordingly in line with internal quality processes
• Complete enabling quality improvement processes i.e. QBOs, QNMs/PQs/NCRs
• Ensure all technical requirements of all products meet the customer expected standards
• Provide engineering support across all production activities.
• Provide Warranty and after sales support on technical matters.
• Drive efficiency by reducing costs of non-compliance
• Prepare and issue technical work instructions, covering electrical disciplines, where required.
• Prepare and execute engineering change orders
• Participate in site NIR reviews
• Provide engineering support to all departments, where required.
• Provide technical input into tenders and contract submissions
• Observe and propose best working practices, applying professional judgement based on data and information
• Provide engineering support on all projects as and when required
• Provide CAD support, when required.
• Comply with Company procedures; training and development of staff and ensure staff competences are maintained and current.
• Communicate effectively with all members
• Be an exemplar of communication, particularly through change
• Comply with company HR processes including Grievance/Disciplinary procedures
• Drive Performance to achieve task targets and improve overall results