Pay rate- £14.79
Short term contract
Mon-Fri (37 hours)
My client are currently recruiting for a pay roll officer role based in Cambridge. The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting with the preparation, running and output of all payrolls within the shared service. The postholder will also deputise for the senior payroll officer in their absence.
MAIN ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To prepare and run all Payrolls using the Councils payroll system (currently Northgate ResourceLink). To be responsible for the printing and validation of all payroll output including third party payments, payslips and reports and to run BACS payments.
- To assist with any enhancements/improvements to HR/Payroll systems as system administrator and to liaise with Software company to correct system problems on behalf of all payroll users
- To maintain an accurate working knowledge of current payroll legislation and dispensations to ensure correct tax/NI deductions and to check, input and run car mileage claims using car mileage module.
- To maintain an accurate working knowledge of current Tax and National Insurance legislation, to advise employees/departments on these issues and to answer external correspondence.
- To maintain an accurate working knowledge of the Local Government Pension Scheme and to be aware of current regulations in order to issue accurate pension documentation to employees and the administering authority.
- Experience of using computerised payroll systems, including data entry
- Experience of dealing with payrolls in a large organisation
- Experience of using reporting tools, e.g. Business Objects
- Experience of handling complex customer enquiries/complaints
- Experience of BACS procedures and software
- Experience of dealing with senior managers, external partners and the public
- Knowledge of current payroll legislation
- Knowledge of Local Government Terms and Conditions
- Knowledge of Pension Schemes
- IT Packages e.g. Word, Excel, GroupWise
If this role is an interest to you please give me a call on 0117 917 4560 and ask Courtleigh .