Pay rate- £23.46
Short term contract
Mon-Fri (37 hours)
My client are currently recruiting for a 4 Sen officers for a role based in oxford. The ideal candidates will be responsible for all aspects SEN Casework and young people aged 0 to 13yrs, working with the SEN casework team across Oxfordshire and those children placed out of country. To develop and secure the highest standards of achievement and inclusion for children and young people with SEN within the policy and budget framework of the business.
- Manage and process, under the direction of the responsible Senior school age SEN Officer, statutory casework within legal and internal timelines for a defined geographical area.
- Manage the assessment of children and young people with special educational needs in accordance with the SEN Code of Practice including identifying those requiring need assessments, co-ordinating assessments, writing EHC plans and arranging appropriate provision to meet children’s needs.
- Monitor the progress of children and young people with EHC plans including amending EHC plans in the light of Annual Reviews. Attending Annual Reviews as appropriate. Supporting and coordinating Transfer reviews
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other agencies to meet the needs of children and young people with SEN.
- Promote the successful inclusion of children and young people with SEN.
- Contribute to the development of policy, procedures and provision for children with SEN.
- Knowledge and experience of the SEND Code of Practice and relevant Legislation, including identification and assessments and provision
- Experience and regular use of Microsoft applications, including the Capita ONE system
- A high level of understanding of SEND processes and case management, to ensure that the timelines set out in the Code of practice are adhered to at all times.
- Experience or knowledge of how a school works or how a LA SEN team works
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and have the ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
If it is essential every candidate considering this role is eligible to obtain a DBS.
If you have any further questions please call Courtleigh on 0117 917 4560.