Desktop Support Specialist x2
Short term contract
Location – Newbury
Out of scope
Pay Rate - £20.06
Monday – Friday (0900 – 1700)
My client are currently recruiting for a desktop support specialist based in Newbury. Will be responsible for ensuring the highest levels of customer focus and collaborative working for incidents and problems that are escalated as well as when necessary being the first point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organisation’s desktop computing and application system environment.
- Accountable for ensuring that incident and problem solutions are clearly documented and communicated to all Service Desk staff and , whenever possible, have a knowledge transfer approach by working directly with desktop support technicians in the resolution of incidents, problems and requests.
- Accountable for managing the escalation of incidents, problems and requests to the Infrastructure team for advice, assistance or resolution.
- Ensure that customers are kept informed of progress by clear and timely communication. Responsible for performing remote and onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Accountable for the installation, configuration, testing, maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting of end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure team of Engineers and Application Analysts to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment.
- Excellent 2nd/3rd line support experience
- Excellent customer service experience
- Experience in working a proactive environment with the ability to translate requests into positive service improvement suggestions or requests for change.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Technology Stack and Active Directory.
If you have any further questions please call Courtleigh on 0117 917 4560.