Hours: 37 per week
Subject to a DBS check
Own transport essential
Long term role.
My client are currently recruiting for a role working as a navigator based in Bodmin. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing a caseload of individuals who are identified as former rough sleepers, or who are currently rough sleeping, working alongside existing accommodation and support services to ensure that they are in receipt of appropriate support in a bid to safeguard their ability to secure, sustain and develop their accommodation and support goals.
- To contribute to the successful performance of the team, by striving to meet individual targets and work together to support colleagues to enable team targets to also be met
- To acknowledge communication between the service user and other supporting agencies or departments, review or gather information and make a recommendation whether to challenge a service provider where appropriate.
- To liaise with partner agencies ensuring support packages are in place and reviewed, and organise/attend multi agency meetings where appropriate to enable tenancy sustainment whilst ensuring that clients support needs are being met.
- To contribute to the production and publicising of information leaflets and other material relating to the Navigator service and all relevant parties involved.
- To carry out any other duties as required by the Sustainment and Navigator manager in order to ensure the delivery of a high quality, responsive and caring service.
Experience and knowledge.
- Knowledge and understanding of the housing needs of rough sleepers Use of trauma informed and relationship based practices Knowledge, experience and skills in giving advice, information and signposting
- Experience of or willingness to master motivational interviewing skills
- Ability to deliver a comprehensive case management approach and robust development of personalised housing and support plan. Solution focussed and risk enabling. Able to apply homelessness and housing legislation appropriately.
- Excellent communication with good interpersonal skills, and the ability to act with tact and diplomacy – proven record of calm and measured responses and able to manage in a crisis
If this role interest you please call Courtleigh on 0117 917 4560.