Role: Procurement Manager
Contract: Permanent, Full time 37 hours per week, flexible start and finish time.
We are recruiting on behalf of a well-established company which has been trading for almost 45 years. They specialise in electrical distribution systems for the transport industry.
This role will be key in providing a robust Procurement function to the Group.
It will be your task to manage the successful delivery of Procurement solutions by developing an existing team of Buyers and through the analysis, recovery and the implementation of processes and delivery systems.
You will be responsible for the day to day operation of the Procurement Team offering advice and guidance when necessary and setting clear targets and KPIs
- Work on collaborative procurement projects across a range of stakeholders to meet key milestones and performance indicators.
- Work with all internal departments in pursuing procurement excellence through the implementation of efficient and effective procurement projects within key markets.
- To deliver against key performance indicators and project/programme milestones, meeting all customer objectives and produce significant results within key markets
- To develop strong customer/stakeholder relationships to ensure project compliance.
- To provide appropriate specialist input into the successful delivery of procurement and any service improvements
- Use robust data for research to analyse project specific outputs and support the effective delivery of a procurement's or service improvement
- Carry out appropriate market analysis to identify current market performance, the main features of the market including the characteristics of the demand and supply side of the market
- To operate and inform at senior management level to improve the productivity and profitability of the group as a whole
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Ideally from a Rail background or some experience of purchasing/procurement within the Rail industry at senior level
- Interpersonal skills – you will be dealing with stakeholders across the business as well as valued customers and suppliers.
- Strategic thinking – you will need to consider “next steps” and work on improving any inefficiencies and processes
- Excellent Cost Analysis skills
- Experience of working within a Senior Management Team
- MCIPS is highly desirable
- Awareness of any current and relevant legislation
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary £40-46,000 dependent on experience
- Pension – Up to 12% employer contribution
- Discounts – Discounts at many retailers, as well as a cycle to work scheme
- Annual Leave – 25 days
- Flexible start/finish time
So, if you have the right qualifications, skills and experience for this role apply now!