Port Health Officer
Pay rate: £35.00
Long term contract.
My client are currently recruiting for a role working as a Port health officer. The ideal candidate will deliver the full range of Port Health functions including inspection, auditing, advice, infectious disease control, sampling, investigation and enforcement to businesses for which Port Health has jurisdiction.
- To deliver the full range of Port Health functions including inspection, auditing, advice, infectious disease control, sampling, investigation and enforcement to businesses for which port health has jurisdiction.
- To carry out a range of targeted Food and Safety interventions in businesses including EU Approved food premises and high risk workplaces and to ensure that regulatory contraventions are effectively and promptly communicated to the duty holder followed by proportionate education and /or enforcement action where necessary to achieve legal minimum standards and to promote good practice. Some of this work will require the role holder to travel abroad to inspect approved factory fishing vessels.
- To investigate complaints about food businesses/permitted processes and workplaces, to evaluate the seriousness of each, identifying the cause and ensuring that where appropriate, corrective action is implemented to prevent a recurrence.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health and Registration as an Environmental Health Officer with Environmental Health Registration Board
- If not already in possession of, successfully undertake and obtain the qualification of the RYA EMDSS short range radio certificate.
- Successfully completed the FSA HACCP training or Lead Auditor ISO 9000:2000 Series
- Previous working experience in all aspects within the remit of port health, food and environmental protection
- Successful experience of delivering tangible outcomes for the benefit of customers and/or service users.
- Successful experience of giving advice to and building relationships with senior executives in local businesses.
- Successful track record of enhancing the reputation of an organisation that has generated tangible benefits for customers and/or service users.
If you would like more information please call Courtleigh on 0117 917 4560