Pay rate: £14.79
Short to long term contract
My client are currently recruiting for a role working as a housing officer based in Nuneaton. The ideal candidate will need to provide a pro-active and customer focused housing management service; predominantly within a geographical area, To ensure the delivery of an accessible housing service to customers that fulfils its legal and contractual obligations on its estates. By being a technology equipped mobile worker, the post holder is expected to identify and resolve customer issues by a regular and visible presence on estates; ensure estates are safe and well maintained; and provide advice, information and reports to assist colleagues within the Housing & communities Directorate on any housing matter.
- To provide an effective and efficient housing management service incorporating all matters of tenancy management, lettings and enforcement
- Undertake a range of tenancy management duties including: Sign up’s, property inspections for tenants giving notice or completing a transfer or mutual exchange, carrying out post tenancy visits to new and transferring tenants, accompanied viewings, investigations for tenancy amendments, managing the conversion of Introductory tenancies to Secure tenancies.
- Carry out investigations for abandoned properties and to liaise with other teams within the Council for evidence purposes
- Deliver a comprehensive anti-social behaviour service to customers and Leaseholders and other stakeholders, building effective partnerships with other bodies and agencies
Knowledge, Experience and skills
- Recent and relevant experience of housing management duties including allocations.
- Experience of dealing with customers in one to one situations.
- Must have experience of accepting responsibility for decisions taken, and to work on own initiative within guidelines.
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to understand, interpret and make decisions in matters of Housing Policy.
- Have an understanding of the issues of housing, estate management, health and safety and how these impact on the wellbeing of customers and the responsibilities of landlords
- Knowledge of issues affecting tenancy and leasehold management, rights and responsibilities and the enforcement of tenancy and leasehold conditions.
- Be able to operate a computerised Housing Management system.
If you would like more information please call Courtleigh on 0117 917 4560.