Head of Service Early Help & Safeguarding
Pay rate: £40.22
Long term contract
37 hours a week- Monday-Friday.
My client are currently recruiting for a role working as head of service early help & safeguarding based in Stafford.
- To lead and motivate operational managers and their staff teams in ensuring high standard of service across early help, child in need and child protection within a defined geographical area.
- To ensure that children and families in the county who require services are responded to in a timely and efficient manner.
- Establish a coordinated approach to early help, child in need and child protection by promoting its adoption across the authority in accordance to current legislation, good practice and local initiatives.
- Ensuring that all staff members are aware of and adhere to the policy framework in which they are required to perform including statutory and regulatory inspection frameworks.
- Develop and maintain effective and positive partnership arrangements with internal and external partners including the safe transition of work.
- Ensure the effective transfer of work between teams within children and families services.
Knowledge, Experience and skills.
- Substantial post qualifying experience of working in statutory social work services for children and families.
- Substantial experience of managing social work services for children.
- A proven track record in effective and professional management of social work services.
- A clear and demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the Early Help agenda.
- Proven experience of successful inter-agency work and the building of constructive relationships and trust.
- Experience of partnership working and integrated service delivery.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully leading, managing and motivating a high performing team.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent;
- Appropriately qualified and currently registered social worker
- A relevant professional/management qualification or evidence of substantial management training
- This post is currently subject to an enhanced DBS check
If you would like more information on the role please call me on 0117 917 4560