£22,000 - £26,000
Contact Helen Phillips
As the Commercial Assistant you will report in to the Senior QS and commercial Manager providing commercial and administrative support on various projects. You will have a willingness to learn as you will develop a full knowledge of their commercial processes and procedures on projects.
Duties as the Commercial Assistant will include but are not limited to:
• Ordering and maintenance of consumable stock levels
• Process holiday, expenses and overtime claims as required
• Review Maximo reports and chase outstanding jobs as required
• Collating engineer’s reports and timesheets to assist service delivery
• Ordering of materials via COINS purchase ledger
• Processing purchase orders and delivery notes for supplier payments
• Reconcile purchase card transactions
• Commercial review of Maximo assigning chargeable job status and costs to work orders
• Prepare client quotations and maintain quotation registers
• Maintain and update commercial records as directed
• Identify any unnecessary costs and inefficient activities.
• Assist in the timely preparation of valuations, submissions of invoices and receipt of payment.
• Assist in the prompt preparation and settlement of final accounts, including variations, claims and disputes.
• Make best use of knowledge management information systems. (Maximo, COINS.)
You must have working experience as a Commercial Assistant or similar (Commercial Administrator etc.) within a Facilities Management, Construction, Engineering etc. or similar environment. You will have worked within a commercial team where you have provided commercial administration and support to Quantity Surveyors and Commercial Manager.
You must be full IT literate and have experience using COINS.
Experience of procuring goods and services is desirable.
Excellent communication skills are essential.
A full UK Driving licence as travel to sites may be required.