This Financial Analyst (FA) will play a pivotal and driving role in supporting the wider team in the management of income and cost budgets and providing timely financial insight and analysis. The role will work collaboratively with the Finance Business Partners and directly with other areas of the business.
The FA will be expected to support and in some areas take the lead, in the day to day management of budgets for their business areas, working independently and directly with different departments
Key areas of responsibility
- • Prepare month end accrual and prepayment journals to be posted into SAP,
- • Ensure all general journals are fully supported with explanations, and all corresponding balance sheet accounts are fully understood
- • Take responsibility for dealing with any month end queries, ensuring that any actions are followed up in a timely manner
- • Produce monthly management reports and commentary in line with reporting timetable
Insights and Reporting
- • Using Excel, SAP and GDW to prepare month end reports that clearly show the operational and financial performance of departments
- • Variance analysis and explanation – using the MI investigate variances to budgets and forecasts at month end, presenting back explanations in a clear and concise manner to the business.
- • Provide analysis & insight as required to the Finance Business Partners & budget holders, e.g. staff costs, headcount, overhead spend, revenue trends.
- • Seek analysis and insight that explains the key income and cost drivers in the business, with a view to driving greater efficiency whilst driving down operational costs and income up
- • Undertake any ad-hoc analysis as directed to provide support to the business heads, senior management and Financial Planning & Analysis team
- • Play a key role in the development of financial reporting and management information systems projects as required to support the business.
Budgeting & Forecasting
- • Proactively support the Finance Business Partners with building their budgets and forecasts.
- • Take responsibility for certain cost and income budgets, leading the budgeting, forecasting and financial reviews for those areas with the budget holders
- • Work collaboratively with the budget holders in building their budgets, ensuring that the process is transparent and that there is clear feedback and challenge.
- • Help maintain a rolling risks and opportunities schedule to budget and forecast.
- • Be responsible for ensuring that all budget/forecast income, cost and headcount data is entered into budget templates accurately and on time
- • Ensure that budgeting and forecast outputs are delivered to specified deadlines
- • Provide a budget and forecast summary pack for the departmental budgets
- • Support the Finance Business Partners as required
- • Part Qualified ACCA or CIMA.
- • Previous experience within a finance function essential
- • Competent to a high standard using Excel and PowerPoint
- • Knowledge of using data mining tools such as business objects desirable