Bid Estimator – London
Circa £400 per day
Contact Maxine Cadwallader; Fusion People Solent Office
Fusion People are looking for an experienced Bid Estimator for contract work in London. This position is working with a large principal contractor who prove Design, Construction, Installation, Commissioning and Maintenance services across a number of disciplines.
This role is working with in a busy bid team to identify labour, plant and material requirements by studying proposals, specs, drawings and related documents. You will be expected to prepare and submit quotations for work as well as assessing levels or risk and risk analysis.
This position is an ongoing contract role, with rates circa £400 per day (DOE)
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Produce bill of quantities and estimates.
- Helping with the bids for new contracts and supporting buying activities.
- Computing costs from analysis.
- Visiting sites as required.
- Managing sub contracts and quotes.
- Analysing information, requirements and reporting on the results.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Strong organisation skills, able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment against tight deadlines.
- Accurate with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent Excel Skills.
- Degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline is desirable. Depth and breadth of experience will be taken into account where these qualifications have not been attained.
- Proven estimator experience.
- Have an understanding of the industry qualifications and standards and work within those.
- M&E Experience