Strategic Procurement manager
Pay rate - £500
Long term contract
Mon-Friday (37 hours)
My client are currently recruiting for a role working as a strategic procurement manager based in oxford. To support the development and delivery of efficient and effective procurement and contracting service for a range of product and service categories to meet internal customer requirement, deliver best value to meet agreed commissioning objectives. Working across the commissioning and business teams, to develop and implement project plans for the implementation of the Council’s commercial policy and procurement strategy. This includes the development and maintenance of performance management information regarding the process of placing new and replacing existing purchasing agreements with all related sectors.
- Maintain and lead an expert level of supply market knowledge for assigned categories of spend, designing, developing, implementing and refining procurement and supply policies and strategies that result in improved added value and value for money for the Council. This will include setting improvement targets with Directorates for areas of spend within the category
- Carry out the strategic sourcing and benchmarking of products and services within the category/portfolio and produce executive reports for Business managers on external expenditure and provide strategic advice to Heads of Service on best value
- Undertake market, product, supplier and organisational research to establish a base of knowledge about existing and future requirements and potential opportunities
- Support strategic supplier management processes to support the development of best practice supplier relationships between the Council and its top suppliers and lead best value initiatives with key suppliers
- Be responsible for the management of the current portfolio, developing and maintaining a database of all contracts within the portfolio and spend categories allocated including the re-letting and development of new contracts as needs are identified.
Knowledge, Experience and skills.
- Significant procurement management experience
- Ability to think strategically and deliver operationally
- Experience of Microsoft applications and business systems
- MCIPS or equivalent relevant Business degree or significant professional experience
- Thorough understanding of corporate governance and the compliance issues associated with procurement policies and processes.
If you would like to find out more information on this role please call Courtleigh on 0117 917 4560.