Senior Accounting technician
Pay rate: 20.24
Long term contract
Part time – £20.24
My client are currently recruiting senior accounting technician for a role based in Stroud. The ideal candidate will be Budget Monitoring and Control – Maintenance and development of systems that ensure efficient and effective budgetary control, to include monthly reports for budget holders and quarterly reports for Committees .Financial Advice Provide support and advice to projects, partnerships, other external organisations and budget holders on all financial matters and training in the use of the financial systems. Must be able to manage own time and workload and be prepared to take on a wide variety of advance tasks if required. Local Govt experience preferred but not essential.
- Final Accounts – Closure of the General Fund revenue accounts within yearend timescales to include accruals, reconciliations, explanations of variations between budgets and outturn, and preparation of corresponding working papers;
- Council Tax Setting – Assist the Accountant (Financial reporting) with Council Tax setting to include monitoring the Collection Fund accounts; calculating the Council’s tax base and reporting both to Council in January each year;
- Government returns and benchmarking – Complete the benchmarking returns when required and supervise the completion of annual Government Revenue Estimates and Revenue Outturn returns.
- Budget Preparation – Preparation of the annual revenue estimates for specified services, and salary estimates across all services, in line with the Council’s budget strategy and in consultation with service managers, for reporting to Council in December annually.
Knowledge experience and skills
- AAT qualified.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- An understanding of administrative processes and systems.
- Experience of staff management.
- Experience of managing budgets and expenditure
- Members of the Council
- Members and staff of other local authorities/partner agencies
If you would like to find out more information on this role please call Courtleigh on 0117 917 4560.