Telecare & Home safety officer
Pay rate: £16.00
Short term contract
Mon – fri (09:00- 1700)
My client are currently for a telecare & home safety officer for a role based in Portsmouth working for the local authority.
- To assess the needs of vulnerable adults within their own home for the provision of specialised telecare and telehealth equipment.
- To install telecare equipment following your completion of the assessment of the client's needs.
- Have an understanding of how assistive technology can help households live independently in their own home and assist with hospital discharge.
- To signpost to other departments within PCC when necessary.
- Responding to any immediate or planned maintenance as required and to decommissioning and retrieval of Telecare equipment as required.
- Installing specialist equipment to enable person to reside within their home where they have hearing or sight impediments.
Knowledge & Experience
- Extensive DIY skills including the use of drills and fixings
- Willingness to work unsocial hours when necessary
- Have the organisational skills to manage multiple workloads and limited resources.
- Have excellent people skills with the ability to resolve conflict, but have a sympathetic, friendly and empathetic manner to be able to understand the situations of our customers.
- Have knowledge of Microsoft packages, including emails and databases (we currently use IDOX). The role does require some basic administration work on a computer and telephone and working within an office environment
If you would like more information please call Courtleigh on 0117 917 4560