Position Summary: To ensure the continuous improvement in quality of products manufactured and overhauled by the business. To protect the interests of the company by carrying out inspection processes in production and recording/maintaining of data. This role is primarily based in our gear and machine shop manufacturing facility and will also cover all other aspects of inspection where and as when required.
Key Accountabilities/ responsibilities: List key accountabilities
1. Conducting first off inspection measurements, compiling reports and maintaining a record of them.
2. Recording of all non-conformances on WIM and putting in place corrective and preventative actions and recording CoPQ.
3. Ensuring the Quality Management System is being followed.
4. Checking certs of conformity on material and sub contracted processes
5. Working with both customers and suppliers to overcome any issues with drawings or production of parts.
6. Working with key stakeholders, both customers and suppliers to overcome any issues with technical drawings or production of parts.
7. Carrying out random in-process inspections to ensure that specifications are being worked to and that documentation is being correctly completed.
8. Carrying out finished work inspections to release parts on completion.
9. Carrying out/supporting investigations and reports into failures as required - this may require attending customer or supplier premises on occasion. Additional Information e.g. Budget responsibility, overall number of people this position is responsible for:
Person Specification Consider what is essential and what is desirable
Background & Experience:
• Be able to use basic measuring equipment.
• Be able to understand and interpret engineering drawings.
• Be IT literate.
• Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Has a manufacturing engineering qualification.
• GCSE Maths and English
Key Skills, Competencies and Personal Attributes: Demonstrate Wabtec Faiveley Values (The Wabtec DNA) at all times: Reliable, Passionate, Collaborative, Safety, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Teamwork, Leadership.
• Self-motivated team player with a positive can-do attitude.
• Tenacious and resilient.
Internal & External contacts and interfaces of the role: The role involves interfacing with all other internal business units, suppliers and customers
Typical Hours Worked Monday to Thursday 07:00 AM – 17:00 PM Friday 13:00 PM Finish.
Benefits: 25 days Holiday, Pension (EE pension Contribution matched up to 5%)
Modern and up to date working facilities
Full sick pay for 3 months the following 3 months after the first 3 paid at half pay.
(this is only after passing required time worked at the company)
Every last hour and a half worked Monday to Thursday is paid at time and a third once you are full time on the clients books.