Role: Service Engineer - NIGHTS
Location: Barton Under Needwood
We are looking for an experience Service Engineer to maintain, diagnose and repair powertrain equipment for passenger rail trains and all related products manufactured by our client – a rail specialist.
The main purpose of this role is to travel to field-based job sites to troubleshoot and repair company and associated products using diagnostic software and own knowledge. You will perform all repairs to Rail Industry Standard.
Your day to day tasks will be:
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting of the company and its associated products
- Address concerns and issues that may arise at the depot from our customer.
- Document service visits and generate reports with action items.
- Carry out all reasonable instructions received from immediate line Manager and or Senior Staff.
- Work to and support all relevant 5S activities
- Ensure work area at the depot is left clean and tidy after completing a repair.
- Follow standard work operating procedures for pre- and post-service preparation (submit personal expense reports, develop service reports, making travel arrangements)
- Communicate distributor feedback to the management team
- Involvement in New Product Development.
- Work to achieve the goals and targets as set by the Service Department
- Previous Service experience
- Comprehensive Industry Knowledge
- Strong Customer-Facing Skills
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication,
- Creative Problem-Solving
- Flexibility to ever changing workload
• Level 3 NVQ in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
So, if you have the right experience and licence for this role please apply now.