Salary: circa £37,000 OTE (£31,000 basic + £5k performance and safety related bonus + bonus for achieving meter installation requirements)
Some exciting new opportunities have arisen for skilled Engineers with a background in Smart Meter Fitting. You will be working for one of the UK’s market leaders in Dual Fuel Smart Metering on multiple contracts around the UK. We are seeking like-minded professionals who are seeking a company that recognises and rewards exceptional standards.
Due to ongoing growth and the successful win of new national contracts, we are seeking Dual Fuel Meter Engineers to start ASAP based across the whole of the UK to join our expanding team.
You will be field based, primarily installing smart meters (SMETS2) as part of the national rollout target for leading energy suppliers. Additional tasks include ongoing maintenance and emergency work on meter assets including helping customers meet challenges around managing their fuel usage.
What we offer:
- Basic salary of £31,000
- An achievable health & safety bonus of £5000 per annum
- Competitive overtime and standby hours
- Company van and fuel card
- Pension scheme along with additional benefits
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- PPE and tools all fully supplied
- Ongoing training and development
Skills and Qualifications:
- Full UK driving license (essential)
- Hold current CCN1/CMA1 & MET1 qualification or an equivalent aligned qualification.
- Previous MOCOPA experience to multi rate level (3 phase is beneficial). Training can be provided to candidates without electrical experience
- Ideally been registered on the EUSR portal (not essential)
- Previous practical experience in a dual fuel role
- A positive, can do attitude
- Great interpersonal skills that empowers customer relations as well as driving best practice and proactive change for the better
- Team spirit to assist colleagues and promote the company brand
- The ability to coach and develop others who are developing new skills and competencies
For more information please apply within.
Due to a high volume of applications we are not always able to reply to all applications. If you have not received an update from us within 2 weeks then please accept this as an unsuccessful application.