Long term contract
In scope of IR35
Rate of pay £22.40
Location- Uffculme, Devon
My client are recruiting for a role in their office based in uffculme, they are looking for an experienced fleet manager. The efficient and effective management of the section, ensuring a quality customer focussed fleet service and management of contractual/ partnering.
- Ensure that adequate user training/familiarisation is carried out on delivery of new vehicles and equipment.
- Ensure good Health and Safety, and Equal Opportunity practice within the section and by contractors/partners.
- Carry out Risk Assessments and develop safe working practices for section activities.
- Lead in the development, award and review of contracts and other agreements for purchase, service, repair, breakdown recover, hire and supply of disposables.
- Assist fleet service users in the preparation of estimates, advice and recommendations for reports to committee relating to the use of vehicles and plant.
- Maintain regular and good liaison with and information for service users including representing the service at meetings.
- Authorise/certify accounts, orders and invoices, within specified limits.
- Assist the Assistant Director in the on-going development and review of the Service Improvement Portfolio and Business Plan, providing timely information and initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
If you are interested in the role and would like more information please call Courtleigh on 0117 917 4560
- Minimum of 2 years in commercial fleet management and 1 year supervisory experience of a small team
- Understanding and experience of relevant risk management, Health and Safety and insurance claims
- Specifying, purchasing and evaluating a diverse range of vehicles and mobile plant, typical to a local authority.
- Running systems that are auditable and cost effective
- Performance monitoring
- Managing Health & Safety at work in a relevant post.
- Sufficient mobility and strength to drive HGV and other mobile plant
- Self-motivated, resilient under pressure and able to respond effectively when faced with conflicting demands.