Network rail are seeking a consultation manager to join their rapidly growing team based in James Forbes House. The successful candidate will be working on the Croydon area remodelling scheme. The Croydon Area Remodelling Scheme includes design for a redeveloped station, new tracks and buildings and civils works. Consent to construct the Scheme will be sought via a Transport and Works Act application.
What you will do:
• Subject to approval by Government & Corporate Affairs, co-ordinate interfaces with individuals, businesses and community organisations affected by the Croydon Area Remodelling Scheme.
• Manage any new objections in respect of the TWA process.
• Own the process to manage commitments given during the TWA process; making sure that they are included in the implementation of the Croydon Remodelling Scheme.
• Co-ordinate the development and, where delegated powers apply, the sign off any new agreements and commitments arising from TWA work.
• Consult as appropriate with third parties (local authorities, landowners, etc.) on Croydon remodelling programme proposals arising from communication with the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister.
• Review contractor proposals in respect of compliance with commitments.
Your experience will include:
• Experience in conducting consultations with statutory and public bodies and with individuals and/or groups of individuals;
• Worked on a major infrastructure project subject to public consultation
• A good understanding of the planning and legal aspects of the TWA;
• Good communication, organisational, presentational and inter-personal skills, in both oral and written plain English;
• Ability to drive value from Suppliers
• Carried out public consultation or someone that has a good understanding statutory consultation processes – Sits within the framework of Transport and Work Act or Town and Country Planning processes
• Calm – good conflict management and dealing with people Excellent Stakeholder engagement skill
• Diligent inquiry – keep records in accordance with requires of TWA rules and suitable for submission to Secretary of State