Communications & Marketing Assistant
Pay rate: £13.70
Long term contract
Monday to Friday
My client are looking for a Communications & Marketing Assistant to work in their office based in Nuneaton. To build positive relationships with Elected Members, officers, partners, media organisations and the community to deliver professional internal and external communications and events that positively promote the Council, its corporate and civic activities, strategies, services and successes.
- Ensure effective communications systems and processes are in place to capture and promote information about the Council, and to ensure best use of medium e.g. Website, Social Media, Council publications, broadcast media etc. This will include monitoring of team inboxes.
- To assist in the research, writing and distribution of press releases to media relating to events across the Council.
- Assist in the Identification of opportunities for positive news stories and devise strategies for mitigating circumstances with potential to cause adverse publicity.
- Building and maintaining effective communications between the Council and the media.
- Be prepared to attend Council meetings and Civic Events in order to liaise with any press in attendance.
- Monitor media coverage and assist in the press cuttings service.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills.
- Recent and relevant experience in one or more of the following: media relations, journalism, social media communications
- Experience of working with the general public.
- Educated to a level 2 or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Able to perform the role of a good ambassador for the Council, maintaining a confident and professional image at all times.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good standard of keyboard skills and proficiency with a range of computer software packages, including Microsoft Office and use of the internet.
If this role is an interest please call Courtleigh on 0117 917 4560.