Job Title: Fleet Control Manager
Salary: £41k p/a
To manage the fleet of traction and rolling stock assets in the most effective manner, ensuring that safety, availability, reliability and performance are optimised and matched to the commercial requirements of Rail Operations Group and its customers.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide technical support and assistance to Control Room staff and telephone support to operational and other staff across the company
• Lead and manage TOPS integrity across the business, ensuring accurate reporting of maintenance and other activities on the appropriate systems
• Production of the fleet plan, ensuring engineering and maintenance requirements are inherent in all plans, whilst delivering availability and reliability of all fleet assets to all aspects of the business
• Manage defect reporting, action and close out, ensuring continuity of data between TOPS, R2 and DARTS, and any other systems in use by ROG or the supply chain
• Lead the daily Fleet Conference ensuring notes and actions are identified and carried out, including outstanding actions and the progressing of those with individuals as required
• Working with the Commercial and Planning teams, allocate traction and rolling stock, couplers, adaptors and specialist equipment to commercial services to ensure planned services operate with maximum efficiency and in accordance with all maintenance schedules and guidelines
• Manage back to the plan after perturbation, disruption or incidents
• When time in the shift pattern allows, carry out safety tours, depot visits, keeping engineering knowledge on ROG Traction and Rolling Stock current
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum HNC/HND in suitable technical or engineering discipline
• Willingness to work towards membership of Institution of Engineering and Technology or Institute of Mechanical Engineering
• Computer literacy on typical MS Office tools and railway mainframe systems
• Willingness to travel and work away from home as required by the business
• Ability to drive (road vehicle)
• Understanding of business development and implementation processes.
• Detailed understanding of railway infrastructure, facilities and geography.