Role: Maintenance Manager
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37 hrs per week
We are on the lookout for an experienced Maintenance Engineer for a well-established engineering company based in Derby.
In your role as Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for the general maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment and tooling, helping to maintain production flow and prevent production breakdowns.
Day to Day you will:
- Ensure Health and Safety of staff at all times.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment, adhering to the 5S principles.
- Use your strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Perform monthly air tool maintenance, inspect, operate and test the running quality of air tools, identifying and ordering spare parts as required, then subsequent repair and rebuild the tooling.
- Repair TIG welding torches – order spare parts and repair torches as required.
- Change saw blades and grind-stone wheels
- Check and top up various machines with oil as required.
- Be first line of maintenance on all plant and machinery and any subsequent liaising with OEM for issues as necessary.
- Follow maintenance manuals and maintain records.
- Assist with any shop floor layout projects.
- Undertake any other ad hoc duties that arise as the company requires.
We’re ideally looking for someone who can work under their own steam and plan their work according to the business’ needs. Someone who has worked in a Field Maintenance role or a Maintenance Supervisor role would be a great fit for this position.
Also, if would be great if you had:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a same / similar role
- Electrical qualification (18th Edition)
- Apprentice trained maintenance fitter
So, if you have the right skills, qualifications and experience for this role please apply now!