Job Title: Surface Treatment Operative
Salary: £17,563 p/a plus overtime and shift pay
Hours: 37 hours plus overtime, 3 shift rotation
Applicants should be able to read Engineering drawings, have good dexterity skills and be able to use standard measuring equipment. (Ideally Comparator, Micrometer, Fischer Dualscope).
Tasks will be varied, covering all Surface Treatment roles and responsibilities, (general preparation, masking, jigging etc, as well as carrying out specific plating tasks), ensuring that processes are carried out to specifications, to achieve the necessary Quality requirement in a safe manner. There is a requirement that parts are processed within allotted time and conform to drawing.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Cleaning, preparation of parts
• Masking of parts
• General jigging tasks
• Carrying out all duties in line with identified specifications
• Ensuring processed parts conform to drawing
• Ensuring parts are processed in the allowed time
• Ensuring all documentation is accurate
• Supporting the area in carrying out alternative tasks as required
• Supporting other team-members as required
• Achieving Production / Arrears / Quality / Efficiency targets as identified by Production Management
• Maintaining NADCAP accreditation through attention to detail and working to agreed methods
• Dependable, responsible contributor who’s committed to excellence and success
• Good interpersonal skills, (team-worker)
• Prepared to follow procedures
• Eye for detail
• NVQ in Engineering manufacture or equivalent / Advanced Modern Apprenticeship
• Previous experience of working in an engineering environment.
• English Language and Maths to GCSE grade C or above
• Computer Literate (ideally with a recognised qualification)
• Experience in the use of standard measurement equipment.
• Can demonstrate good numeric skills.
Share this post