Job Title: CNC Miller/Turner
Salary: TBC upon interview stage
Hours: 37 hours p/w plus overtime
Due to the need to realign capacity a vacancy has arisen within our newly created Tram Cell. Applicants should be able to read Engineering drawings, use standard measuring equipment and have both an understanding and appropriate experience of general turning / machining principles. Tasks will include setting and operating CNC lathes and milling machines, making offsets as required, ensuring parts are manufactured within allotted time and conform to drawing
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Turning and or milling / drilling
• Ideally you will have good knowledge / work experience in at least one of the above. Must have CNC experience.
• Self inspect
• You will be trained and will be responsible for several relevant inspection / sanctioning of work within the cell
• Other duties
• You will be training on all other aspects of the Tram cell
• Clean room
• All documentation is filled in correctly
• Parts are processed in the allowed time scale
Qualifications & Experience Required:
• CNC experience
• Turning or Milling experience.
• Dependable, responsible contributor who’s committed to excellence and success
• Good interpersonal skills, (team-worker)
• Eye for detail
NVQ in Engineering manufacture or equivalent / Advanced Modern Apprenticeship
• Previous experience of working in an engineering environment.
• English Language and Maths to GCSE grade C or above
• Computer Literate (ideally with a recognised qualification)
• Experience in the use of standard measurement equipment.
All employees in new jobs are required to undergo a six month probationary period, during which suitability for the position is assessed.
Health and Safety:
All employees are responsible for reading, understanding and carrying out the requirements of the company’s Health and Safety policy and for informing a relevant person if they become aware of any non-compliance with the policy or of any identified training need.
The company requires individuals to identify and analyse their own training and development needs and to actively participate in the design of a development plan to meet these needs and the needs of the company. This should be achieved through the appraisal process.
Employees should recognise and take advantage of development opportunities and should periodically review their own progress towards meeting previously agreed goals.
Share this post