Job Title: Trainee Electrical Installer
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: £20, 800 per annum
We are working on behalf of a well-established engineering company who specialise in aerospace and defence products. They are looking for Trainee Electrical Installers to work on state of the art and bespoke products for UK and overseas clients.
Due to the nature of the products all Trainee Electrical Installers will need full security clearance before undertaking this role. Exciting stuff!
Based in Cambridge you will work day shifts – 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday on day shifts (07.45am to 15.45pm). The site is modern, well presented and is recently refurbished.
First and foremost your role is to assist the team with the manufacture and installation of low voltage electrical circuits and communication systems into mobile work spaces used by military and defence customers. You will work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment helping to produce and install harnesses into containerised workspaces.
You will also undertake:
- Support of the Team Leaders, Skilled and Semi-skilled Team Members, helping to ensure that all the company’s projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the highest quality standard
- Working with the company’s configuration control processes.
- Ensuring the company’s production processes and procedures are maintained.
- Following and working in line with company’s Health and Safety management systems.
- Taking an active role in continuous improvements, to include lean and 5s procedures.
- Ensuring a clean compliant work area is maintained at all times.
- Ensuring equipment and tooling required is identified to the line manager.
- Attending and supporting production meetings if required
What we’re looking for:
- Anyone starting out on a qualification in 18th Edition for Electrical Requirements, an NVQ in Electrical Installations or a City and Guilds in Electrical Installations.
- Anyone looking to work in any of the above disciplines
- People with the desire to work in a team
- Anyone with the desire to work in a safe, well-kept workshop
- Excellent inter-personal skills – you will be working with a large number of people, so the ability to communicate well is paramount!
- Experience and understanding of Lean Manufacturing and 5S techniques.
What’s in it for you?
- Salary: £20,8000 per annum
- Professional development through robust appraisal and PDR process
- 25 days’ holiday (with option to purchase a further 5 through salary sacrifice)
- Contributory pension scheme – employee contributes between 4% and 6% of salary, employer matches and adds 1%
- Social club/product discounts
- On site parking
- On site canteen
- Safe, professional and state-of-the-art working environment
- Innovative and highly technical projects
So, if you have the right skills, qualifications and experience for this role please apply now!