Specialist recruitment expertise

Call 01489 865200

Call 01489 865200

Hinkley Point C nuclear power station (also known as HPC) is a project to construct a 3,200 MWe nuclear power station in Somerset. The estimated construction costs of £18 billion will be paid for by EDF (France) and CGN (China).

Working at Hinkley Point C

Disclosure Scotland

Firstly, the contractor that hires you will require you to go through a Disclosure Scotland to gain access to your criminal history information.


You will also need to have a CSCS card (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) which is often required when working on Construction sites. This card shows that you are competent and have the required training and knowledge to carry out your work. There are different types of CSCS cards dependent upon your experience and your job role; you can use the following online card finder to find out which card you require - Online Card Finder.

CCNSG Safety Passport

In addition to a CSCS card you will also need to have a CCNSG Safety Passport (Client Contractor National Safety Group) to work at Hinkley Point C. In order to gain this qualification you need to complete a two day training course which features a test at the end. At the end of this course you will be up-to-date with the current safety legislations and current safety practices to ensure you are safe onsite.

We recommend going to Bridgwater College for your CCNSG Safety Passport. They are an approved training provider and all of the tutors have relevant industry experience, follow the link to find out more about this course at Bridgewater College CCNSG course.

Given the nature of the work and environment at the Hinkley Point C site, the full list of requirements to access the site is likely to include the following:

A BPSS pre-employment check which will require a three year checkable history
Police certification e.g Basic Disclosure
Drug & alcohol testing (random testing once employment commences)
2 Day CCNSG or HS&E Test
Triple Bar course
Occupational Health Questionnaire
Proof to work in the UK (3 forms of identification with one photographic form)